One of the best known Chevrolet’s from the late 1950’s is the Chevrolet Impala. It was 1956 when the Impala was introduced at the GM Motorama car show. With it’s great design and style, the Impala became an instant success when it was made available to the public in 1958. The Impala was the first Chevrolet equipped with dual headlamps and triple taillights.
The Impala name continued for 30 years until 1986 when Chevrolet replaced it with ‘Caprice.’ However, the Impala name returned in 1994 on a high performance sedan with the SS logo. In 2020, Chevrolet stopped using the Impala name. It has been synonymous with the motoring industry for over 60 years and Impalas are still a firm favourite with classic car enthusiasts.